For the crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cups of butter melted
- ½ cups granulated sugar
For the filling:
- 24 oz cream cheese 3 packages
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons nutmeg
For the topping:
- 1-½ cup pecan halves lightly toasted
- 2 cups good-quality caramel sauce homemade is best
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the crust until moist. Press into a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
- For the filling, in a stand mixer, whip cream cheese, and sugar together until smooth. With the mixer on low, stir in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and stir again. Whip in flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Scrape sides and stir again if necessary. Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and hardly jiggles if at all when moved. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- Arrange pecan halves over top entire cheesecake in concentric circles. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, run a knife around edges of the cheesecake and remove sides of the springform pan. To serve you can either drizzle 1 cup of caramel syrup over entire cheesecake and cut (with extra syrup to serve along with) or cut first and drizzle individual pieces.