I love how you can enjoy crepes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! They’re easy to make and we especially enjoy them for breakfast on special occasions like birthdays and Valentine’s day. These rank high on my list of favorite sweet breakfasts.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender if needed.
- Chill the crepe batter for at least 30-60 minutes if possible, or up to 1 day.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly with cooking spray or butter, if needed.
- Once the pan is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan, swirling it around the pan as you pour to form a large, thin pancake.
- Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, flipping once, until lightly golden.
- Stack cooked crepes on a plate and cover with a towel or tinfoil, if desired, to keep them warm.
- Add desired toppings or fillings.