- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs as called for on cake mix box
- Preheat oven to 350. In 13×9 inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Gently press pineapple slices on brown sugar. Gently press a cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on the box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately run a knife around side of the pan to loosen cake. Place a heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Allow cooling & Enjoy!