This easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe is my kid’s favorite summer drink. It’s homemade and requires just four basic ingredients!
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/2-5 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the strawberries. Strain them through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired, to remove seeds.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, stir together sugar and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher. Add simple syrup and pureed strawberries and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, add 2 1/2 cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it’s too sweet.
- Serve with ice.